I love apple cider vinegar (ACV). I drink it often as a detox drink and really like how it helps keep my body alkaline. I’ll share the recipe for my detox drink some other time, but for now I wanted to write a quick article to share some of the amazing benefits of ACV.
- Just to name a few….1. Help regulate blood sugar/insulin – There has been significant evidence to suggest that ACV can help lower and control blood sugar. Of course if you are on medication to regulate your blood sugar, don’t stop taking your medication and ask your doctor about adding ACV into your diet.
- Antibacterial and antiseptic – ACV may help prevent infection in wounds due to it’s amazing antibacterial and antiseptic properties. As a bonus fact, one test also showed that the antibacterial properties are so strong, adding salad dressing made with ACV may even help kill bacteria on contaminated produce.
- Weight loss – One thing ACV is known for is improving gut health, and with that comes with better digestion, which may even help you lose some weight in the process.
- Detox – This one is my favorite! ACV is widely known for it’s detox properties, in fact, it helps support your liver and kidneys so you body can detox better on its own!
- Healthy scalp – Using ACV on your scalp is not something that a lot of people know about, but using ACV in the shower helps clear up dandruff, remove buildup, and balance the oils on your scalp. In fact, it works so well, some people even go as far as using it as their favorite no-poo method!
There are so many reasons to love apple cider vinegar. If you have a hard time getting past the taste, try mixing it with some water and honey (or agave). You may be surprised you love it right away, or you’re able to learn to love it, but the health benefits are definitely worth the try no matter what your first impressions are.
***This article should not be considered medical advice. Please consult with your physician, or other health professionals, before making any changes to your diet or medication.